The ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean office is expanding! We are currently looking to fill an Associate position, and will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Please see the job description below. No phone calls or emails please.
POSITION TITLE: Associate, ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean
DEPARTMENT: District Council
LOCATION: Fort Lauderdale, FL
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
BASIC FUNCTION: The Associate is a professional position within the district council. As an integral part of the district council team, the Associate serves as a professional liaison between the district council, ULI headquarters, and southeast Florida and Caribbean real estate, planning, and development professionals. The Associate is one of the faces of the district council—members call the Associate first for assistance and information, so it is imperative that he or she be courteous and friendly. The position necessitates that the Associate be able to travel occasionally to district council events throughout the area and attend meetings, events, and programs in the early mornings or evenings.
The Associate serves as an informed resource for district council committees, interfacing with these committees to ensure that all work is consistent with ULI’s policies and procedures and that ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean’s goals and objectives are met. The Associate works closely with the Executive Director to maintain administrative, financial, and office operations of the district council, including membership, sponsorship, programs, communications, and community outreach.
- Manage and maintain district council operations, including, but not limited to: supplies and equipment, files, databases, records, calendars, inventories, and other district council resources, equipment, and maintenance, as needed.
- Manage distribution of correspondence to members and nonmembers.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Committee to create, produce, and manage the distribution of district council collateral materials.
- Support standing committees and other working groups, as needed, including recording, writing, and distributing committee action items, scheduling meetings, and securing venue logistics.
- Assist with programs and event planning.
- Access member and nonmember records to create analyses for membership, sponsorship, attendance, and budget patterns for forecasting short- and long-term goals.
- Administer NetForum (member and event data program) input from the district council, including, but not limited to, committee assignments, complimentary event passes for registration of members of the press, speakers, sponsors, and other dignitaries.
- Support district council event tasks including room setup, printing and processing name badges, mailing thank-you letters, final registration of attendees, post-event “tally sheets,” and processing event-specific invoices.
- Assist in developing and maintaining vendor relationships, sourcing appropriate suppliers for catering, audiovisual equipment, or IT in support of district council events.
- Update the district council website, using ULI’s content management systems, including, but not limited to, marketing for upcoming events, news related to district council initiatives, members in the news, and other pertinent activities.
- Track expenses to improve budgetary performance and manage vendor processing/financing.
- Prepare expense reports for district council staff.
- Process and manage accounts payable and receivable for all activities associated with the district council, including, but not limited to, sponsorships, programs, membership, community outreach, book orders, supplies, etc.
- Perform other administrative, marketing, and communications duties and projects, as required, to contribute to a team effort.
Maintains daily relationship with district council staff and works directly with staff at ULI headquarters, and disseminates information to applicable parties and departments, including membership, meeting production, finance, and customer service teams.
Daily direct work with ULI members, including certain Advisory Board members serving in key committee leadership positions, members, member firms, sponsors, prospects, vendors, collaborative partner organizations, and consultants.
- BA/BS required and 1-2 years’ experience in professional setting; related nonprofit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); knowledge of and competency with a graphics, Illustrator, Photoshop, or communications software a plus. Familiarity and proficiency with web-based tools, such as content management systems or internet-based tools for updating and publishing content to dynamic website.
- Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Ability to initiate and prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely with responsible follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide courteous customer service and professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Proven project and office management skills, including creative problem solving.
- Aptitude for financial management and budgeting, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Meeting and event coordination skills.
- Interest in real estate and land use desired.
- Ability to attend periodic early morning and evening events is required.
- Ability to travel to events throughout the West Palm Beach and Miami region.
- Ability to attend early-morning and evening events as needed; provide own transportation.
To apply, please click on the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement offered at this time.