Our MISSION is to cultivate leadership and life-strategy skills by teaching emerging leaders in the real estate and land use industries how the Southeast Florida/Caribbean region gets built.
ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council is one of the largest and most diverse DC’s in the ULI, serving the 6th largest metropolitan area in the US with close to 5.8 Million people (South Florida only), and another 3+ Million in the Caribbean. DC leadership believes that a Leadership Institute will enhance the ULI’s prominence in the region, and introduce new channels for exposure to ULI, and elevate quality membership recruiting over the long-term. With the exception of the REALTORS, the ULI represents one of the largest real estate professional associations in the region.
- Collaborate with real estate professionals in problem-solving;
- Interface with like-minded professionals;
- Engage with top speakers from every facet of land use in a small group environment;
- Establish relationships with a diverse group of professionals; and
- Expand your perspectives on the development process as well as issues and opportunities facing the Southeast Florida/Caribbean region.
- Individuals working in the real estate industry and related fields;
- Mid-career leaders slated for future leadership roles;
- Those who have a minimum seven years of real estate experience;
- Those committed to community service and civic engagement;
- Those who have a vision for the future of Southeast Florida; and
- The program is open to ULI members and non-members alike.
WHEN DO YOU PARTICIPATE:
Organized around eight full-day seminars consisting of:
- Panel Discussions
- Property Tours
- Small Group Activities
- Other Activities which provide participants access to industry leaders, elected officials, and recognized experts in real estate and land use.
During the course of this inaugural eight-month program, participants will have an opportunity to provide leadership on a critical Southeast Florida regional issue through a Leadership Project (LP). Working in teams, participants will be responsible for sharing their expertise and advice to develop recommendations for a sponsor organization.
Applications Now Available!
Applications Due: Friday, May 12, 2017
Finalist Interviews: May 30 – June 12, 2017
Participants Selected: Monday, June 26, 2017
Day 1: Southeast Florida in Context – October 10, 2017
Day 2: Mobility & Infrastructure – October 19, 2017
Day 3: Design & Construction – November 16, 2017
Day 4: Sustainability & Resiliency – January 18, 2018
Day 5: Housing & Urbanism – February 15, 2018
Day 6: Public-Private Partnerships & Leadership – March 15, 2018
Day 7: Development & Capital Markets – April 19, 2018
Day 8: Graduation – May 17, 2018
Class of 2018:
- Pierre Apollon, Apcon Group
- Michael Berkowitz, Berkowitz Development Group
- Paul Calvaresi, Broward County Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Michael Carr, Langan Engineering
- Leonardo Coll, Alco International Group / Grupo Alco
- Chang Du, China Council Florida, Inc.
- Santiago Eliaschev, RED Group
- Craig Emmanuel, Commercial Realty Advisors & Investment Group
- Jeffrey Feldman, Uribe Construction
- Pedro Gassant, Holland & Knight
- Brett Gelsomino, ZOM
- Brian Gitlin, University of Miami
- Greg Griffith, Atlantic Pacific Communities
- Alexandra Hall
- George Hart, John Moriarty & Associates
- Jorge Hernandez, Broward County- Port Everglades
- Robin Jones, Plaza Construction
- Jason Kraus, Johnston Group Development & Design
- Alyssa Kriplen, MAKwork, Inc.
- John McWilliams, Kimley-Horn & Associates
- Carlos Fausto Miranda, Fausto Commercial
- Tim O’Neill, NP International USA LLC
- Mark Pateman, Cushman Wakefield
- Will Pierce, Grass River
- Jami Reyes, Swire Properties
- Marc-Andre Roy, Ocean Land Investments
- Hector Silva, Related ISG International Realty