The Everglades National Park/Flamingo TAP process centered around the following three steps:
• Representatives from the ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council, Everglades National Park, and others met to discuss issues relating to the rebuilding of the park and to the plans prepared to guide that redevelopment.
• ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council staff researched the Everglades National Park’s goals for the TAP and, based on that research, selected the TAP members who had the expertise most tailored to addressing the issues raised by the Everglades National Park staff.
– The TAP received a complete set of pre-meeting briefing materials about the goals and rebuilding plans for the Flamingo commercial services area, as articulated in the CSP.
– The TAP met in Homestead on Monday August 4, and Tuesday, August 5, 2008, at the University of Florida/Miami Dade County Extension office. (A summary of the TAP agenda for the two-day meeting is presented below.)
• The TAP, under the leadership of the ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council, prepared a report on its recommendations and conclusions.