The Hallandale Beach CRA TAP process centered on the following five steps:
• Representatives from the ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council met with HBCRA staff to discuss how to most effectively structure a Request for Proposal/Qualifications (RFP/RFQ) for the re-development of a key gateway site in the Foster Road neighborhood.
• ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council staff researched the Hallandale Beach CRA’s goals for the TAP and, based on that research, selected the TAP members who had the expertise most tailored to addressing the issues raised.
• The TAP received a complete set of pre-meeting briefing materials about the Hallandale Beach CRA area and, in particular, the site selected for TAP review: the Foster Park neighborhood.
• The TAP met in Hallandale Beach on November 7 and 8, 2012, in the Foster Park Community Center.
• The TAP, under the leadership of the ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council, prepared a report on its recommendations and conclusions.