Omar Morales appointed Chair of ULI Miami Young Leaders Group
Omar Morales of Berkadia has been selected as the next Miami Chair of ULI Southeast Florida / Caribbean's Young Leaders Group
The ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean is currently looking to fill a Senior Associate position, and will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Please see the job description below.
For more information and to apply, follow the link below:
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Associate is a professional position within the district council. As an integral part of the district council team, the Senior Associate serves as a professional liaison among the district council, ULI headquarters, and Southeast Florida and Caribbean real estate, planning, and development professionals. The Senior Associate is one of the faces of the district council—members call him or her first for assistance and information, so it is imperative that the Senior Associate be courteous and friendly. The position necessitates that the Senior Associate be able to travel occasionally to district council events throughout the area and attend meetings, events, or programs in the early mornings or evenings.
The Senior Associate serves as an informed resource for district council committees, interfacing with these committees to ensure that all work is consistent with the Institute’s policies and procedures and that ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean’s goals and objectives are met. The Senior Associate works closely with the Executive Director to maintain administrative, financial, and office operations of the district council, including membership, sponsorship, programs, communications, and community outreach.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working either remotely or in the office, depending on what the district council decides is needed. This could change depending on the team requirements.
• Manage and maintain district council operations including, but not limited to: supplies and equipment, files, databases, records, calendars, inventories, and other district council resources and equipment and maintenance as needed.
• Manage the distribution of correspondence to members and nonmembers.
• Support standing committees and other working groups as needed, including recording, writing, and distributing committee action items, confirming member leader participation, and scheduling regular meetings.
• Assist and in some cases lead programs and event planning.
• Access member and nonmember records to create analyses for membership, sponsorship, attendance, and budget patterns for forecasting short- and long-term goals.
• Administer NetForum (member and event data program) input from the district council, including, but not limited to: committee assignments, complimentary event passes for registration of members of the press, speakers, sponsors, and other dignitaries.
• Support district council in-person and virtual event tasks including room setup, printing and processing name badges, mailing or emailing thank-you letters, final registration of attendees, post-event “tally sheets,” and processing event-specific invoices.
• Assist in developing and maintaining vendor relationships, sourcing appropriate suppliers for catering, audiovisual equipment, or speak honorariums in support of district council events.
• Update the district council website, using ULI’s content management systems, including but not limited to: marketing for upcoming events, news related to district council initiatives, members in the news, and other pertinent activities.
• Create and distribute e-blasts.
• Track expenses for individual projects or programs to improve budgetary performance.
• Prepare expense reports for district council staff.
• Process and manage accounts payable and receivable for all activities associated with the district council, including but not limited to sponsorships, programs, catering, community outreach, book orders, event supplies, etc.
• Perform other administrative, marketing, and communications duties and projects as required to contribute to a team effort.