The ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean is currently looking to fill an Associate position, and will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Please see the job description below. No phone calls or emails please.
For more information and to apply, follow the link below:
BASIC FUNCTION: The Associate is a professional position within the district council. As an integral part of the district council team, the Associate serves as a professional liaison between the district council, ULI headquarters, and southeast Florida and Caribbean real estate, planning, and development professionals. The Associate is one of the faces of the district council—members call the Associate first for assistance and information, so it is imperative that he or she be courteous and friendly. The position necessitates that the Associate be able to travel occasionally to district council events throughout the area and attend meetings, events, and programs in the early mornings or evenings.
The Associate serves as an informed resource for district council committees, interfacing with these committees to ensure that all work is consistent with ULI’s policies and procedures and that ULI Southeast Florida/Caribbean’s goals and objectives are met. The Associate works closely with the Executive Director to maintain administrative, financial, and office operations of the district council, including membership, sponsorship, programs, communications, and community outreach.
Maintains daily relationship with district council staff and works directly with staff at ULI headquarters, and disseminates information to applicable parties and departments, including membership, meeting production, finance, and customer service teams.
Daily direct work with ULI members, including certain Advisory Board members serving in key committee leadership positions, members, member firms, sponsors, prospects, vendors, collaborative partner organizations, and consultants.
- BA/BS required and 1-2 years’ experience in professional setting; related nonprofit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); knowledge of and competency with a graphics, Illustrator, Photoshop, or communications software a plus. Familiarity and proficiency with web-based tools, such as content management systems or internet-based tools for updating and publishing content to dynamic website.
- Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Ability to initiate and prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely with responsible follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide courteous customer service and professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Proven project and office management skills, including creative problem solving.
- Aptitude for financial management and budgeting, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Meeting and event coordination skills.
- Interest in real estate and land use desired.
- Ability to attend periodic early morning and evening events is required.
- Ability to travel to events throughout the West Palm Beach and Miami region.
- Ability to attend early-morning and evening events as needed; provide own transportation.